There are a bunch of things I want to do here, so I thought I’d make myself a post to keep track of them. I know a lot of this is just edits to CSS (as if I’ve ever done that before), so I’m hoping I can figure it out relatively easily.
As I’m writing this, the BSA in me is thinking “Maybe if I write a spec and post it some nice developer will do the work for me”. Oh, how I make myself laugh.
Layout: I generally like the theme I have selected, but there are a few things that I’d like to change.
- Make it a bit wider
- Have widgets at the bottom of the page
- Change the color that is used when highlighting text
- Change the format used for the headings above the widgets on the right
- Change the date format to show an abbreviated version of the Month instead of the month number (for example today would be 9 May 2010 instead of 9 5 2010). I already have it set up this way in my settings, but the date format on my theme doesn’t seem to pay attention to that setting.
Pages: My current theme allows one page for posts, and then additional “static” pages that either show static text/images or all of your links. Figure out if I can:
- Add pages that show all posts for a category, like some other themes have.
- Add pages that show links for just a selected link list, rather than all links.
- Change widgets for each page.
Links: Helpful looking information and sites that have the some of the features I want:
- CSS Introduction
- CSS Tips and Techniques
- WordPress Themes These are for WordPress.org (unhosted), but I should be able to find formats that I like and copy pieces of their CSS, I think.
- WordPress date/time formatting information